Ego Restaurants Coronavirus Update
Helping Keep our Customers, Staff & Suppliers Safe
Below we have highlighted the changes we have made to our business to ensure not only all the required legislation is met, but that we are creating a safe environment for our customers, staff and suppliers.
Do’s & Dont’s
We don’t generally like rules but these measures are all designed to help keep everyone safe; so please help us to help you
• Booking is extremely advisable for any visit due to our high demand & reduced capacity. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment
• Contactless sanitiser dispenser will be available at reception, please sanitise your hands on entering
• Please observe all government guidelines on distance, hygiene, coughing & sneezing
• Please observe distancing guidelines in customer toilets, if you can’t maintain safe distance please wait outside for people to vacate
• Children must remain seated and must be accompanied by adults when visiting the toilets or outside areas
• Unfortunately dogs (except assistance dogs) will not be allowed inside any of our pubs or restaurants for the time being, however, dogs will still be permitted in our outdoor areas.
• Customers will not be allowed to visit the bar counter or to stand in the bar area. Drinking inside or outside will be via table service only, so please visit our reception where we will book you in to an available table
• All customers must wear a face covering when at our restaurants and pubs when not seated to eat or drink
• In England the law allows bookings of up to 6 people & all premises have to be vacated by 10pm.
• In Wales, children under 12 are not counted in the rule of six & 20 minutes drinking up time is allowed.
Localised Restrictions from 14th October 2020
From 14th October the government has introduced localised restrictions – named Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. Please check your local COVID alert level.
Please bear all of this in mind when booking your table.
Changes to our menus and offers
• All our menus are now disposable and single use. The paper is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) approved which defines a strict set of standards that paper products must meet to ensure that they are truly environmentally & socially responsible
• Children’s activity packs & kids ‘make your own pizza’ have been withdrawn for the time being
• We have slightly reduced the number of items on our menus and suspended some menus such as steak night & tapas menus to enable our kitchen teams to work at safe distances
• We have put a 6pm end to 2for1 cocktails on Fridays & Saturdays to reduce the high demand at peak times
• We are legally required to take customers details and also have QR code posters for the NHS COVID-19 app at all of our sites for customers to use
Changes to our service
• Wherever possible, we will have one dedicated server per table to minimise staff contact
• We intend to serve all food & drinks to one area of the table & ask customers to pass around, again to minimise contact. We will collect dirty crockery & glasses from the same point
• Contactless sanitiser dispensers will be located at the entrance / exit areas of the toilets
• Cutlery, napkins, glasses and condiments will all be brought to the table as required and not set up in advance
• We will take all payments at the table, please refrain from heading to our tills
Health & Safety
• We are COVID-19 secure in line with government guidelines. Our COVID-19 Secure notice can be viewed here
• A full COVID-19 risk assessment has been undertaken for both front & back of house operations
• We operate an increased regime of cleaning, sanitising & hand washing
• A reminder to customers of COVID-19 guidelines is displayed on our premises, on our website & our booking reminder emails
• Free sanitiser is available for customer use on the premises
• Our offer, service & environment have been redesigned to maintain safe distancing and minimise contact
• We are phasing the re-opening of our pubs & restaurants over a number of weeks to enable a safe and controlled environment for all